Latest news, articles, event photos and book announcements.
Book Club Questions
- How does the title The Changing Room relate to the book?
- What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing the book?
- Did the structure of the novel (chapters divided into individual perspectives of the three main characters) enhance or detract from the narrative?
- Did the book change your opinion or perspective about any of the social issues raised?
- The service Suitability was based on a real charity (called Dress for Success). Did the book enhance your knowledge and understanding of such an organisation?
- Do you think Claire and Anna overstepped the boundaries of their volunteer roles with their support for Molly? Are you aware of any similar situations?
- The book follows the emerging friendship of 3 different women united through a common cause. How did this friendship develop? Was their friendship plausible?
- The author used dialogue in a particular way to further develop character. Was this an effective technique?
- If you could pick a character from the book to have coffee with, who would it be and what would you talk about?
- What social issues were highlighted in the book and how do you think the author has portrayed the key social issues facing women today?
- The book explores the issue of domestic violence. What insights does it provide to this social problem?
- Despite their differences in age and social class, what similar experiences bring Anna, Claire and Molly together?
- What did you think of the ending of the book?
- Can you envisage the circumstances of each character 5 years on from the end of the novel?
- The city of Sydney is the backdrop for the book. How has this setting influenced the narrative?
- Do you agree with Rosemary when she says that ‘women should be able to wear what they want’ What have been your experiences with wearing what you want?
- What clothes do the main characters wear in the beginning of the novel and did they change?
- Did you learn about fashion, style, make-up from reading the book? Do you have any tips to share?
Event Photos and poster for Grafton Library
Event photos and poster for Cooroy and Noosa Library
Event posters for Moorabool Library and Pomona & District Community House.
Photos and posters for Port Macquarie and Liverpool events
Below are the adverting posters and photos to two events, one at the Mid North Coast Library on February 25 and the other at Liverpool City Library on March 8. Booking information for both are available on my events page.
Newcastle Library Event
Photos from my event at the “Newcastle Library” 6th Dec 2019.
A Celebration of Resilience and Empowerment
Q&A With The Changing Room Author Christine Sykes.